Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"What Ive Been Through" by NepEnut
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: "What Ive Been Through" by NepEnut Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"What Ive Been Through" 10-01-2009
September 2009 contest submission - Ben character study from Man Behind the Curtain. Enjoy!!
Song: Cat People (Putting out Fire) by David Bowie
Vidder: NepEnut
Length: 3:02 (11.3 WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZnjQ4b1-lQ

MariaPurt
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: What Ive Been Through by NepEnut Reply with quote

I like it a lot. Maybe i got a bit tired of the screen being blur all the time - i guess, it would be better if there were not only those bllur things LOL But it's a good take on the ep.
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great character study abby, i was looking forward to what you were going to do.

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo! Great job Abby. I actually quite liked the haziness of the vid. I think it went well with the feel of the music which was really dreamy. Also loved your beat use and I think you told Ben's story very well for this episode! Good luck!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second part was a lot more fun than the first part but maybe that's just cause of the song. I think it probably would have been better to use the haze for flashbacks at the beginning but I liked it. Good luck Abby!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh; very awesome Abby i really liked how you used Light Rays here; so effective. such an kooky-like song; but it fit Ben so well. that parts with the mother were my fave i loved when you did the change up on the colours as well really good recap as well; it moved very smoothly very cool!!!

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: What Ive Been Through by NepEnut Reply with quote

Wow, Abby! This was superb! I loved your editing. Your beat use throughout was outstanding. I really liked the second part too - you did a fantastic job with the beat use and choice of clips to fit the song. I really liked the "fear" part where you had Mini!Ben's eyes wide with fear and the "eyes so red". Wonderful job!
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grat beat use, and effects were nice! All round great video and I like it!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: What Ive Been Through by NepEnut Reply with quote

This was pretty awesome!!!! The song was so eery and cool in the beginning and then got intense and awesome at the end, I loved it! It was great and perfect for Ben in this episode. Your editing totally rocked from beginning to end. I loved your use of the glowy effect in the beginning, and then at the end you went to bolder brighter and redder coloring. I really liked your split screens/overlays at 1:49, looked awesome. Loved how you started out with Ben with "Green eyes" and then near the end you had him with "Red eyes" hehe this was really great! Good luck in the contest!
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I'm really glad you guys liked this! I kind of made this one up as I went along, but also tried to give it an overall theme (i.e. muted colors for flashback/slow part of song, & bright colors for the real time/faster part, etc).

Thanks for watching, thanks for your input and I'm really glad you guys enjoyed it!! Yay!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how you handled the opening sections with the cropping in with the music, very nice! Great atmosphere, I liked the hazy, dreamlike feel it had, then I liked how it kicked into the more saturated colors as the song picked up as well! Really nicely done, I enjoyed watching it a lot! ♥!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: What Ive Been Through by NepEnut Reply with quote

Great vid, Abby! I love the beginning with the glow-y effect, and very cool how the color changed when the music picked up.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: What Ive Been Through by NepEnut Reply with quote

Great vid, Abby! I love the beginning with the glow-y effect, and very cool how the color changed when the music picked up.
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: What Ive Been Through by NepEnut Reply with quote

Beautiful job with the editing Abby, your coloring was awesome! Great job!
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: What Ive Been Through by NepEnut Reply with quote

Oooh! Great recap and character study! Loved your song choice! It fit so well! Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: